1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

IQ532it - VGA Upgrade

HP Recommended
Model_IQ532it - Product_NQ821AA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Community!

i succesfully upgraded my IQ532it CPU from a T6400 to T9900, with a huge speed increase! in conjunction with an ssd now it is usable...

Question 1.

Now I would like to upgrade the on board dedicated VGA 9300m GS 256MB to get a little sprint to VGA for Full HD contents. Full screen Sky GO or movies contents are not always fluid. only acceptable.

Red a lot of forum but unfortunately without my series model compatibility vga list. I also red about the story of 9600m GS supported from september 2008. I'm running on 5.07 BIOS 27/24/2009 

is there a list of serial to match manufacture date? I found out this 5189-3743 (HP Nvidia GeForce 9600M 512MB) for a reasonable price. Would it fit?

There is n o way to go for a little bit more like 9600m GT right? 

Question 2.

after assembly i notice CD/DVD lock and you cannot insert any disk (as a cd/dvd inside) and a continuous drive noise (eject engine). How can unlock the drive?

thanks in advance to everybody

Best Regards

Giuseppe

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation