Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Prem AF Webcam KQ245AA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just would like to download the drivers for my webcam, I understand that there are no support nor guaranty for this product, but I think that removing from the site was not very nice.

Funny thing is that this driver doesn't exist anywhere on the Internet.

Please, I really need this driver.

thank you in advance.

PC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

yes
we will get there !

So everything seems ok
I just sent, to @pcapelo , the iso file of the cd that I had kept

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
what version of windows do you have, windows 7?
It seems to me that this model can work, without the need to install a driver.
It is not recognized in the device manager?
Originally, it must work with this type of software:
https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04222554

do you have this software tested?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello Prométhée,

- windows 7 64 bits;

- I tried, windows cant recognize it; but it was working fine before I had to reinstall the OS. I am assuming the camera is working and the driver would help me be sure;

- no it is not;

- I saw the link but no download for this software.

thank you again for your prompt response. looking forward to hearing from you again.

PC

HP Recommended

I seem to have had this same model, or similar, a few years ago.
And I remember using it, without additional driver, original computer, was under vista, then upgraded with windows 7 ..
I no longer have the webcam, with a little luck, I could find the cd, but it is very likely that I have not had it for all this time ..
An HP expert answered this same question, but finally no solution.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Prem-AF-Webcam-KQ245AA-drive...
Is the webcam recognized and not installed, where there is nothing visible, if you plug it in, in the manager?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

hello again,

the camera only shows as "unknown device" on device manager. I remember last time downloading the driver from the website and, because of the reliance on downloading drivers before I never thought about saving for later use, that's where are I am right now.

The link you sent directly you to the product page but there is no option to download. search on the support area leads you a page that says: "HP Retired Products Policy The product you searched for is no longer supported by HP. Please use the link above to see additional information."

and the link takes you to a page saying the following: "HP Premium Autofocus Webcam - Retired ProductsThe following products have been retired and are no longer supported by HP. All official HP support content for these products has been removed from this web site."

there was also a link to a Microsoft forum where the link to the driver no longer work.

I am doing my homework here but this driver is nowhere to be found. Please help me

thank you again.

PC

HP Recommended

yes, indeed that is what i found, there is nothing left on the Hp sites obviously!

So maybe good news
It may not work, but I will write you a private message
It will take me a little time, but answer my message already
I promise nothing, but I may have what it takes
But it can take a little time!

[edit]

did you receive my private message?

----------

Hello @pcapelo 
I'm coming to the news, I don't know if it worked ?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

i didn't, the link expired 😞

could you try again? please?

thanks again

HP Recommended

yes
we will get there !

So everything seems ok
I just sent, to @pcapelo , the iso file of the cd that I had kept

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.