Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY RE TS 23-k100xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I increase the screen brightness on this computer?  There is no slider under Display Settings.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@lmwapner
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

On Windows 10, you can click the battery icon in the notification area and click the brightness tile that appears. This adjusts the brightness in increments of 25% each time you tap it. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi -

Sorry.  I'm confused.  There is no battery icon in the notification area.  In fact, there is no battery!  This is an all-in-one desktop.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@lmwapner

Thank you for posting back. 

You'll find this option in the Settings app on Windows 10. Open the Settings app from your Start menu or Start screen, select “System,” and select “Display.” Click or tap and drag the “Adjust brightness level” slider to change the brightness level.

And, also you can try this:

• 1) Search for Device Manager in Start Menu
  • 2) Expand the Monitors section
  • 3) Right-click on Generic PnP Monitor and 
  • 4) Click on Enable and you are good!

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions but none works.  There is no slider to adjust brightness under System->Display.  I am directed to the Action Center where again there is no slider to adjust brightness.

The second method fails as well.  When I go to Device Manager->Monitors->Rt click generic PnP I see no option to enable anything.

There must be some way to do this.

Thanks,

L

HP Recommended

@lmwapner

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks again.  Is the link you provide active?  Is it inactive relating to COVID-19?  When I click on it nothing happens.

L

HP Recommended

@lmwapner

Let's try this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks.

Sadly, HP has suspended all out of warranty tech support (remote access, etc.) due to COVID-19.  Community help, such as yours, is available.  The only option is that of third party tech providers.

L

HP Recommended

@lmwapner

Let's try  HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.