06-30-2012 12:44 PM
I have a HP Pavillion p6250t desktop computer and wish to know if it is possible to install an additional USB2 card.
Having looked a the rear of this computer I could not locate a "normal" available slot even though no other cards have been installed since its purchase.
06-30-2012 01:34 PM
Based on this, it has few free Expansion Slots:
- PCI : 1
- PCI Express x16: 1
- PCI Express x1: 2
Definitely you can put a PCIe USB2 (or even USB3) card to your machine. You should see few Expansion slots at the back similar to these:
Please watch this video, hope this helps:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)