Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elite 8300 (small form factor)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'd like to install a new video card in my Compaq Elite 8300. I don't see an option in the BIOS to disable the onboard Display Port. Will the new card just take precedence or will the BIOS recognize the new card and allow me to disable the display port? I don't want to buy a video card until I'm sure if I can use it.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

When you install a PCIe x16 video card, the onboard graphics is automatically disabled.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

When you install a PCIe x16 video card, the onboard graphics is automatically disabled.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply! Off to the computer store.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since your PC only has a 240W power supply, your video card selection will be limited.

Also make sure you get a low profile video card that comes with the low profile mounting brackets included in the box.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.