2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Intel REalSense 3D camera not working on HP EnvyCurvedAll in One

HP Recommended
Envy Curved All in One: 34AO51
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to access the camera, I get the error message:

"It looks like another app is using the camera already. 0xA00F4243 <CameraReservedByAnotherApp>

I don't have any other applications running. I have tried...

1. Reboot

2. Updating driver.

3. "Reset" of application

I keep getting the same error message.

1 REPLY 1
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,666 12,443 1,306 4,290
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PS104 

How are you accessing the camera?

There very well could be a different program trying to use the camera and locking it up as the error code states.

1. Did you also try searching for any application that might be accessing the camera in the Task Manager? For example SKYPE.EXE?

2. You can also go to the default Apps Settings > Camera > Manage and turn off programs set to access the camera.

3. You could reboot Windows in a Clean Boot environment with all the Services disabled, to troubleshoot the culprit.

How to run a Clean Boot for troubleshooting...  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Once you have turned off all services, see if the camera is accessible now. If so, re-enable services one of two at a time until you find the one causing the issue.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation