Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
22-b060na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently installed Windows 10 May 2019 update and both my internal and external cams have stopped working.Spoke to Microsoft who suggested its to do with the BIOS settings for the internal cam anyway.Just need to get it back up and running but drive also seems to have disappeared for internal cam.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jules0760

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Jules0760
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To resolve this issue, reinstall the original HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device driver.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcam drivers.

3. If the HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device is listed, right-click the driver and select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen instructions.

4. Restart your computer, and open your webcam software to see if the problem is resolved.

If the problem persists, use HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎 to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Jules0760
Thank you for posting back. 

Go to the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page. If a Let's identify your product to get started page displays, select your computer type, type the model name of your computer, and then click Submit. From the list of available software and driver categories, find the software you are looking for, click the category name, and then click Download.

If that fails, then try driver roll back and check:

1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.
  2. Select Device Manager.
  3. Expand the entry. Right-click the camera or other imaging device and select properties and select driver > run driver rollback.
  4. Reboot the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Microsoft tried all of this.

External cam is Logitech HD Webcamc310 but does not allow me to rollback the driver.

Integrated cam has disappeared altogether.No driver showing on list.

HP Recommended

@Jules0760

This sounds like software related issue, reinstalling windows operating system will install original system software which was shipped the computer.

Click here to perform a System Recovery (Windows 10)

Note: Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery.

Keep me posted.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok

Thankyou

Thats what I thought you would say.But what guarantee do I have that this will resolve the issue.I dont really want to have to do that unless it fixes the integrated cam.The external cam I assume will not work as this was purchased seperately

HP Recommended

Also what is the point if the drivers for the integrated cam cannot be found on your website.As already explained Microsoft already did all this.

HP Recommended

@Jules0760
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry but first you tell me to do a system recovery now you are telling me to contact support engineers.It is not under warranty and Microsoft have already remotely accessed on 3 occassions and cannot sort it out.They accessed HP drivers and could not find any for the integrated webcam.

HP Recommended

@Jules0760

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.