Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP 24m monitor for my 2 desktop computers.

One is connected using VGA and the other using HDMI.

My question is: Is it possible to have both desktop computers turned on at the same time, and switch between the individual output of each?

Thank you for any information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jeff17866 I'm afraid you cannot have two desktop's connected to the same monitor, it just isn't designed to work that way,

There are 3rd party solutions available to resolve such concerns, however, HP neither recommends nor supports the same.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jeff17866 I'm afraid you cannot have two desktop's connected to the same monitor, it just isn't designed to work that way,

There are 3rd party solutions available to resolve such concerns, however, HP neither recommends nor supports the same.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already DO have 2 desktop computers connected to my HP 24m, I just don't turn them on at the same time.

I thought that maybe there was a function in the monitor where I could turn both computers on at the same time and switch between them.

I don't want to damage my monitor.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Jeff17866 Wise choice, I wouldn't want it damaged either, 

If you need anything else, do let us know and have a good day, ahead.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.