Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help.  I have two HP Pavilion 23 all in one computers and wanted to use as a second monitor. The only ports on the back of the monitors are USB. I have tried a VGA adapter but still doesn’t detect. Would appreciate any suggestions or advice? Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ste01

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Select a connection type based on your second monitor.

• Monitor: VGA  or DVI  cable

• TV: Video (composite)  or S-video  cable

• High Definition TV: DVI  or HDMI  cable

2. Connect the TV or monitor to the computer using the cable you chose.

3. Connect a power cable to the TV or monitor, and then turn it on.

4. TV connections only: Change the TV video input source to match the video source connection from the computer (Line-1, Video-1, HDMI, etc.). Refer to documents that came with the TV for instructions.

Depending on the TV, the image quality might not be as good as that of a monitor.

5. Turn on the computer.

Here are a few things to check:

• Make sure your Monitor input source matches the video source that you are using. On the Monitor remote control, press the Source or Input button. Input 1, HDMI 1, or S-video or similar displays, depending on your Monitor. If your monitor does not have this option, you cannot use it as a second monitor without using special video signal processing (not covered in this document). For more information, refer to the manual for your Monitor.

• If you are using a coaxial or S-video connector, set the desktop screen resolution to 800 x 600 (or less).

• Adjust the aspect ratio to scale the image to the screen you are using.

• Make sure the signal format of the Monitor matches the signal output of the card (for on-board Monitor-output, this setting can be changed in the BIOS). For standard analogue signals, a Monitor accepts either a PAL (Europe) or NTSC (North America) signal.

Click here: https://supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/4370628123001/how-to-set-up-multiple-monitors-in-windo... to know HOW TO SET UP MULTIPLE MONITORS IN WINDOWS 10.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.