Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ENVY 32 All-In-One 32-a0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer has both Intel and Nividia video.  Can I add another monitor (extended not duplicated) to my AIO?  If so how would I connect the additional monitor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Phoenix_123,

Do you want to connect two additional monitors to the computer? If yes, then you can connect one monitor to the HDMI out port and the other one to the thunderbolt USB C port on your computer, and both the external monitors will work on the extended mode.

I hope that answers your question.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Phoenix_123 I'm afraid the device only has one USB port and that may or may not support the conversion to an external monitor, 

In my opinion you may want to check with a local tech to be on a safer side, before investing on the same.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for you your reply.

I'm not sure where your getting that I only one USB port?

This computer as standard has comes with:

1 - Thunderbolt 3 (40 GHz, PD 3.0, DisplayPort 1.2) (back)

1 - USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C (back)

2 - USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type A (back)

1 - HDMI 2.0/ HDCP 2.2 input port (back)

1 - HDMI 2.0/ HDCP 2.2 output port (back)

RJ-45/Ethernet port (back)

USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (supports BC charge 1.2) (right side)

HP 3-in-1 memory card reader (left side)

Headphone/microphone combo jack (left side)

So I have more then enough ports, but I want to know if i can operate in extended mode for an additional monitor monitor.

HP Recommended

@Phoenix_123,

Do you want to connect two additional monitors to the computer? If yes, then you can connect one monitor to the HDMI out port and the other one to the thunderbolt USB C port on your computer, and both the external monitors will work on the extended mode.

I hope that answers your question.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.