Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
T610 Flexible Thin-Client
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

First of all I want to regard this pretty old device as a really great product. It is very sustainable indeed. It has a low power consumption and its features predestinates it to work as home server or DLNA server as well as a workstation for office use or (probably*) as an media center.

*: And here comes my problem or trouble, that encountered me:

I have added an SSD to this device and have installed Windows XP Pro (32bit) on the original built-in proprietary SSD module (someting by Apacer with 16 GB; just enugh  for pretty old Win XP) and I installed Windows 7 Pro (64bit) and Windows 10 Pro (64bit) on the by me added SSD (480 GB, Patriot Burst, SATA).

But: hazzle free video playback didn't work. I tried K-Lite Codec Pack with MediaPlayer Classic and SMPlayer. Sometimes, when I try to configure some settings, I get an green screen instead of the video. Almost all videos over a resolution of 960x540 appear jerky.

I know that this device is pretty old and that support of Windows 7 and older has already ended for a long time.

I also know that this device was originally equipped and shipped with embedded versions of windows an not full-featured versions of Windows. And I know that the Versions of Windows, shipped with this device, were only 32-bit.

Long explanation... short question: what do I do wrong? Is it just an issue of (mis)configuration? Or did I have installed an insufficient driver for especially this kind of device? Is there a special driver? I have installed the official Catalyst driver package by AMD under all operating systems mentioned above in their latest versions suited (or brobably not) for this kind of APU/GPU. Is it 

If somebody can help me to fix this issue I would be stunned, becouse I tried so hard (googled insane) and after all I got nothing but frustrated and fed up with me and my own incompetence.

Sigh!

Greetings from Germany

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

hello, i've read somewhere that you would need a broadcom card for HD accelaration, all that i could remember was that the card model number starts with BCM and it has a "crystal" on it, that the 00012 model is old and the 00015 model is better, im actually looking for it now when ive stumbled upon your querry. hope this help you in any way.

Greetings from the Philippines!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.