08-21-2019 05:37 AM
my keyboard and mouse work in the recovery modes and system tests that use the F KEYS biut when the computer reboots they dont I have already reset it that didnt work anybody have any options to fix this?
08-23-2019 04:15 PM
@SpokanePatfan To confirm the keyboard and mouse works outside windows but not once you boot into it, is that right? if yes, please try the below steps:
- Enter safe mode using the steps in this link: click here
- Check if the keyboard works on safe mode, if it does, try the below steps:
1. Use Win + I to open Settings.
2. Use Tab key, Arrow keys and the Enter key to select the same items in the method above.
3. Navigate to the patch KB4074588 and use shortcut keys Shift + F10 to open the context menu.
4. Press the Enter key to uninstall the update and restart the computer.
- If the issue persists, go back to safe mode and on your keyboard, press the Windows key and X and click Power Option.
- Then Click on Choose what the power button does.
- Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- And Un-tick the box for Turn on fast startup (recommended). Click Save changes to save and exit.
Restart your computer. All drivers will be initialized on startup now, And your keyboard and mouse start working normally.
Again sometimes corrupted missing system files also cause keyboard mouse stuck startup, Running DISM command (DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth) with system file checker utility is very helpful that scan and restore missing system files that help to get keyboard and mouse working again.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee