Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion h8-1100z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning, pleasure to greet all the members and people that make up this community.
I want to know (ask): Could it be that the motherboard of my old computer that by the way has turned out really good, is it about to be damaged?
Recently I bought a monitor (1440) to use it on my old PC already before said, but nothing has been possible to obtain the 2K definition provided by this Asus PB258Q monitor.
The model of my old PC is: h8-1100z with a motherboard (Gigabyte M3970AM HP Angelica).
Other accessories added.
1- Windows 10 Pro
2- FX-8100 Processor
3- 16 GB Memory Ram
So far I have bought the following video cards to obtain video.
1-AMD Radeon R7 460 4GB
2-NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
3-HP Radeon R7 450 4GB
4-HP ATI Radeon RX 550 2G
The four video cards, all lie down or rather, do not send signal to the monitor, keyboard, or mouse ...!
 It seems that the problem is a bit common because I have already seen on the web several questions about the same ((issue) problem.
I called 1 800 640 3151 (HP) technical service department for old equipment and the problem was not solved. I did not want to say this part because some may say, or think, nothing can be done if nothing was achieved at HP.
Well, asking or continuing to ask is a means of hope. In conclusion, then it will be that the motherboard is being damaged, or the port where the video card is installed will be damaged, or it is missing Power Suply which is now 300 W.
Note.
 Currently it works correctly with the old NVIDIA GTX 730 video card.
Good afternoon, nice to greet you and allow me to talk to you through questions.
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mininon 

Sorry, its latest BIOS is  7.16 Rev. A dated  Apr 13, 2012 won't support video cards you need BIOS 8.xx and above to use video cards higher than the current NVIDIA GTX 730 .

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mininon 

Sorry, its latest BIOS is  7.16 Rev. A dated  Apr 13, 2012 won't support video cards you need BIOS 8.xx and above to use video cards higher than the current NVIDIA GTX 730 .

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Good afternoon, nice to greet you.
Thank you for the information provided.
I have to ask him again now: Is it possible that an upgrade can be made to that BIO 7.16 or is it not possible to achieve ... Or also, it means that it is the last thing the motherboard supports producing, in other words, does it mean that the motherboard would have to be changed ..?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.