1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Looking for video card upgrade for an HP Envy 700-277ez

HP Recommended
HP Envy 700-277ez
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

The original graphic card is dead. Is it worthy to replace it? What will be the best graphic card compatible with this old desktop to play overwatch?  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,592
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@younoh,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the graphics card on the computer is dead and you want to upgrade the graphics card.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I see that your computer has a PCI Express x16 3.0 slot and you can install any graphics card which uses this interface. However, you might have to upgrade the power supply as well based on the graphics card you choose.

In my opinion, purchasing a new computer would be a better option than upgrading the graphics card on this computer. The computer you have is more than 5 years old and it might be a little difficult the find a compatible graphic card for your computer.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation