Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 13-ar0000ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have this laptop: HP Envy x360 13-ar0000ns

I want to use an external display but I don't know what is the maximum resolution supported.

I wanted to connect it to an 1440p display using 2560×1440 resolution. Is that supported using the USB-C connector to HDMI or am i limited to 1080p?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@coellobugs 

Do you use the USB-C to HDMI cable part # 935325-001 which came with your machine ? You have to use it otherwise you have to buy a right one which is part # 935325-001 OR the one which supports HDMI 2.0

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer.

I have this hub: https://www.dlink.com/en/products/dub-m610-6-in-1-usb-c-hub-with-hdmicard-reader-and-power-delivery

I have connected the laptop to this hub by USB-C

If I connect then the hub to an external 2K display......could I use QHD resolution (2560x1440) or am I limited only to 1080p? I don't if there's some graphic card limitation. If I list all the available modes I can't see anything beyond 1080p when using the laptop display itself

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.