Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

From time to time, my monitor goes black for about a second and then recovers.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Tomohawk1

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

And, also refer to this article: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-value-27-inch-displays/3989902/model/16462325/document/c0006... By the end of the article you will be able to isolate the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your suggestions are too generic and not specific enough to my issue.

The first set of instructions refer to startup issues and issues with messages, neither of which I am experiencing.

The second set of instructions refers to connecting the monitor to another computer.

If you had understood my issue properly, you would understand that it is not replicable and happens entirely randomly.

I await your instructions for troubleshooting my problem.

HP Recommended

@Tomohawk1

Thank you for posting back. 

By checking the monitor with another computer will confirm whether its a hardware related issue or not.

If its a hardware related issue with the monitor then you need to service the monitor. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an HP LAPTOP-7503QLII with Windows 10 Home, version 1903, and have had this laptop less than 5 months.  Over the last few to several days, at random times, the screen will go to black, then refresh itself.  For example, when trying to watch a video sent to me in a private message, I clicked the video to enlarge it, it opened in a new window, I clicked the play arrow, I heard a small sound like a crash-no kidding- for just a second before the screen blacked out, a second or two later it came back and looked exactly the same as before I clicked the play arrow.  I must have done it 10 times with the same results each time.

I seem to notice it while on the internet, especially when trying to play a video on facebook.  If I let the screen go to sleep while the internet is open, the internet window will be black when I try to open it again.  I have to close the internet window, and then open a new one.  

I normally use Google Chrome, so not sure if it would happen on Internet Explorer.  Since it is a laptop, I don't think I can connect to another monitor (I do not have one anymore, anyway) to see if my monitor is the problem.  I have not dropped my laptop or anything like that.  

Thanks in advance for any simple to understand recommendations.

HP Recommended

@Hope4Tomorrow

I understand your concerns.

Please uninstall the graphics drivers from the device manager and install the drivers.

Also, please update the BIOS and check for the issue.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.