Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 25x

What are the levels on the response time? 5 says the fastest, but isn’t 1ms the fastest. What “level” should I keep it on. I have an Xbox One original hooked up to the monitor by an HDMI cable

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Robertm20,

Welcome to HP Support Forums!

I see from your post that you need information regarding response time for your HP 25x monitor. No worries, I'll be glad to assist you.

After reviewing your post, I did go through the Product Specifications and found that the response time mentioned here is 1 ms gray-to-gray (GtG) with overdrive

NOTE: Actual performance might vary.

I hope this information helps, let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I know the specs say 1ms, but under the menu there is a section called “image control” then a setting called “response time”. If you click on response time it has “levels” 1-5 and it says 5 is the fastest. What does that mean?

HP Recommended

Is this an auto generated response? I got the same exact answer twice... can someone read this?

HP Recommended

@Robertm20,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated. 

As you have mentioned in your post that the menu option has response time level between 1 to 5, In that you can choose 5 as that should be the fastest. 

For more information, please make use of this support document  - Using and Adjusting Your Monitor

I hope this helps. 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, but what do the levels mean? Isn’t the monitor default set at 1ms? Why do I have to set it?

HP Recommended

@Robertm20,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you still have a concern regarding the response time. No worries, I'll try to explain you again.

It means how quick the panel can switch from displaying black to white and back to black.
Usually the lower the better, as its part of the reason why a screen might be affected by ghosting, where you see a previous frame while a new frame is being displayed. 

Anything below 5ms is usually fine, unless you want to lower input lag (competitive/PvP gaming.).

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What would be the best settings for the lowest input lag?

HP Recommended

While I understand this post, I still have further questions. 

What do the "levels" correspond to? Ie, "level 1" is listed as the Default, but what does that correspond to in ms? Likewise, what does Level 5 correspond to in actual response time.

My second question is that, since I am interested in competitive gaming, when I put the monitor on level 5 (fastest), I get a black outline when I move my mouse fast. What explains this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.