Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (506 Views)

Monitor Stuck on Wrong Input Setting

[ Edited ]
Product Name: V242h Monitor
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new V242h monitor that I connected to my PC via VGA cable, and to my laptop via HDMI, and was using the monitor's built-in menu to manually switch between the two inputs, when I accidentally  selected DVI-D, which I do not have hooked up to the monitor, nor do I own a computer that uses it. Since then, I have been unable to get the monitor to switch back to either the VGA or the HDMI input.

So far, I have tried:

- Powering the monitor off and back on after several seconds.

- Unplugging the monitor and plugging it back in after several seconds.

- Unplugging all cables from the monitor and plugging them back in after several seconds.

- Unplugging the monitor for over 15 minutes and plugging it back in.

- Pressing the monitor's Auto adjustment button.

- Navigating the monitor's menu blindly by memory.

The only thing the monitor will display after any of these attempts is an error message saying "Signal Cable Not Connected!"

How can I switch the monitor from DVI-D back to either VGA or HDMI input without a DVI-D device?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Top Student
Message 2 of 2 (165 Views)

Re: Monitor Stuck on Wrong Input Setting

I had this problem on a couple of occasions.

You need to press and hold the "auto" button for 3-5 seconds, and the input selecton will appear.  Use the left/right arrow keys to move to the correct input source, and then press the "Enter" button.

I have yet to locate instructions to have it automatically detect the input source (I sometimes use different laptops connected via different cables), and I have to manually switch it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation