Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 27es 27-inch Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The monitor has worked as expected for 4 years and in the last week, the monitor automatically switches inputs. Even after turning Auto-Switch Input off this is still an issue. The monitor recognizes the single, active input yet it still switches. Even after swapping HDMI cables, and even using a different computer, the same problem continues. I have reset the monitor settings, unplugged it and replugged it, reset my PC, everything. Nothing I have tried works. Occasionally the OSD will appear and disappear on its own as well. This monitor hasn't been touched or moved in years and the cause is completely unexplainable. This seems to be a software or firmware issue but this doesn't appear to be something the end user can fix. The monitor has become unusable because of how often the switch happens. Unfortunately, my monitor is out of warranty and I am hoping HP can recognize this is an unusual case that should be investigated. 

(UPDATE) The exact issue has been found but the fix is still unknown. After going through the menu I noticed the selector would go up on its own. This meant that the third button from left was constantly being pressed or activated. THIS was the input change button in the quick change menu. The physical button is NOT stuck so I don't know what to do. For now I have removed the input button from the quick menu so now it's just the small OSD opening and closing. It is still a software issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.