Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 21-2014

I recently got this Desktop second hand from someone who didn't want it but the screen doesn't seem to turn on. When I plug it in the indicator light in the back shows up as white and when I try to power it on nothing shows up and it's just black.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Fritz-Bruhhh

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Let's check if the issue is with the Monitor or computer

1. Turn off both your computer and the monitor.

2. Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer and leave only the power cord connected

3. Turn on the monitor.

Let me know if you see anything on the screen

Also you could try a Power drain meantime. 

1. Turn off the computer. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

2. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the Power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator, which is on the power button or near it, might turn on briefly but then it goes off.

3. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the computer.

Keep me posted 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.