Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Monitor endlessly blinking on and off

HP Recommended
HP - 24f 23.8" IPS LED FHD FreeSync Monitor (HDMI, VGA) - Natural Silver
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased an HP monitor in June 2020 and have been having problems off and on since - but it's recently come to such a head that the monitor has been essentially rendered useless. I have plugged it into multiple computers with the same outcome - after 5-10 minutes the monitor goes black and blinks on and off repeatedly until I turn it off. The only resolution I've found is to jam enough crap under the HDMI cable that's plugged into the monitor to prevent it from blinking *as* frequently. So, the hack job I did is essentially forcing the cable up and in? I have no idea.

I recognize this is a bit of boomer engineering, but at the moment it's the best I can do.

Regrettably, I ignored the reviews on Amazon etc. that alluded to this very problem. I checked HP's website for driver updates, and the only ones I could find were from 2018, presumably not relevant now? I really like this monitor otherwise. It's the perfect size, the base is stable and doesn't take up a tremendous amount of space, and it's a decent price - but this experience has put me off HP monitors unfortunately.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation