Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1234 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm trying to find out what monitors my computer supports.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your PC supports DVI-D or VGA using video output from the processor.

You have other options such as HDMI if you have installed a graphics card in the PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard. You would have to check the add in graphics card for this.

Regards

HP Recommended

Please:

What does DVI-D stand for?

What is VGA?

What is HDMI

What is PCLe x16?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Hi,

This is an image of the video ports available on the rear input/ouput shield for your PC.

Rear IO.PNG

Item 3 is DVI-D.

Item 4 is VGA.

So you need a monitor that supports connecting a DVI-D cable or a VGA cable. Newer monitors usually support HDMI or Display port and maybe DVI-D or DVI-I.

The PCIe x16 slot on your motherboard is used to install a discrete graphics card. Some discrete graphics cards in the 2012/2013 era may support early versions of HDMI. But will support VGA and DVI-D or DVI-I.

So if you use VGA or DVI-D available with your motherboard you will need a monitor having either connectors. Or you can install a compatible graphics card in the PCIe x16 slot on your motherboard that may  support HDMI. There are cable adapters available (VGA or DVI-D to HDMI) but I don't recommend them. Reliability is spotty.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.