Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 6220
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Mine is a 10 years old desktop tower PC with LCD monitor. It is now running Windows 10.

Of late the monitor have been going to sleep often and would not wake up from mouse or keyboard activity. Sometimes it goes to sleep on its own but most of the time it seems to be triggered by a mouse click action to launch an application. It does not go to sleep immediately on mouse click. Rather it’s as if there is a surge of processor activity or power drawn or memory activity, and monitor turns off after sometime. Left on its own, it even stays on for two hours.

I suspected RAM problem and changed it. I also did clean install of Windows 10. But problem persists. I am really stumped. Help will be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The source of the problem seems to be the outated Intel integrated graphics driver. Intel has stopped support for it, so they have not released any updated driver for Windows 10.

I uninstalled the driver and restarted. Windows installed its own generic driver for it. Its working fine so far.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.