Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have. HP pavilion and it was on working fine, then my husband went in to look at speakers to see why there was no sound. He shut down  computer and when we went to  reboot, I got black screen, and brief message that said, monitor going to sleep. We never could wake it up and we looked at settings on monitor but don't think we changed anything . After going up and down and click and save it still is sleeping and screen is black. Help!!! what gets me is, it was on and fine, and then...... Sleeping monitor!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Critter78, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance, and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the computer is not waking up from sleep.

I’d love to help!

Follow the below steps to resolve this issue.

To resolve this issue, perform the following the steps:

Uninstall the Intel graphic driver, v22.20.16.4771 driver from device manager.

Uninstall:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Then download and install the driver from the below link and test.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82126.exe

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.