Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 27 Quantum Dot
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the device manager the display shows the following event:

Device DISPLAY\HPN3616\7&235a3a51&a&UID260 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

I have the drivers HP Pavilion 27 Quantum Dot Display installed.

Have noticed some issues, among other things the brightness is changed now and then, and some strange colors if changing color settings on monitor. 

I have changed graphic card freom AMD RX480 to AMD RX5700XT, but got the same issue for both the old and the new one.

Also replaced the HDMI cable (included with the monitor) to a DisplayPort cable.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@mackan73  If you've connected an alternate monitor to your device and checked if that worked fine and the brightness doesn't change on its own, this could be a hardware malfunction,

And I suggest you reset the monitor to factory defaults using the below steps to resolve the issue:

Use the OSD menu to adjust the monitor screen image based on your preferences. You can access and make adjustments in the OSD menu using the OSD joystick on the monitor's rear panel.

To access the OSD menu and make adjustments, do the following:
1. If the monitor is not already on, press the power button to turn on the monitor.
2. To access the OSD menu, press the center of the OSD joystick.
3. Move the joystick up, down, left, or right to navigate menu choices. Press the center of the joystick to make a selection.

4. Check for brightness settings & if everything is set to manual, use the factory reset under management.

(Check user guide for details)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yesterday, I did reset the monitor to factory default but it is still changing brightness now and then. I have tried factory reset a couple of times before.

A few weeks ago I brought my PC to my brother and used one of his monitors (Samsung), and did not have this issue then. Also, everyhting worked fine with my old monitor (Benq). But, both my brothers and my old monitor has no support for 2k resolution, HDR and freesynk.

HP Recommended

@mackan73 If you've reset the device and yet the issue persists, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

On the Swedish site, there s no sign-in and web-form on the contact page, unless you have a business.

For persons, there are only a virtual assistant and a FAQ.

There are links to agents, but only for laptops, destops, printers etc, i.e. not for monitors.

HP Recommended

@mackan73 In that case, I suggest you contact the local authorized service center for HP and they should be able to help you out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Got an answer from my  local authorized service center for HP today.

They say they cannot help me out with monitor issues. Only PC and tablets...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.