Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanx ... Was on hold w Roger's textperts for at least 30 mins and had a brain storm to google the question ... Your CORRECT answer fixed the issue!  Thanx Again from a very satisfied HP products buyer/user!

HP Recommended

Thanx ... Was on hold w Roger's textperts for at least 30 mins and had a brain storm to google the question ... Your CORRECT answer fixed the issue before they came back on the line to help me!  

Thanx Again from a very satisfied HP products buyer/user!

HP Recommended

Great. It worked. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem.    Per the Forum, I have tried the following:

- Push the power button (many times) for 15, 60 and 120 seconds;

- Unplug the monitor and do the same again;

The only (inconsistent) solution I have found is to unplug the monitor for one day.  Sometimes it then works fine for a few days, then I get the PBL message again.

Is this a power supply issue?  What is the root cause of the problem?  Can it be fixed?

Thank you,

Neal

HP Recommended

Root cause can be a defect power button ... hard to say how to repair this one

*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

I've tried these steps over and over again and I can't get it to get out of it and it's really frustrating.

Can someone please help.

We have a HP 2009m

HP Recommended
Do I need to have the monitor on to do this? I turned my computer off and the monitor went into sleep mode. Following your directions while in sleep mode did nothing. Also, I find the last part of your explanation confusing. Can I completely take off the lock option? I've had this monitor for years and this is the first time it's happened. It's BEYOND annoying.
HP Recommended

Monitor 2022a. My solution was to disconnect completely. Everything! - vga, mains power.

Turn upside down and squirt WD 4O over all the buttons. Pressing them all repeatedly for a few minutes. Then wipe with kitchen towel.

Leave to dry for an hour or so.

Re- connect  and all should be well.

I suspect that repeated on/off with greasy/dirty fingers gets into the mecs.

Hope that works for you.

HP Recommended

sorted. many thanks

HP Recommended

Thank you for all your help. I am enjoying m y monitor

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.