Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (312 Views)

Monitor not connecting to Envy Phoenix Desktop

Product Name: Envy Phoenix

I have a new HP Envy Phoenix desktop and when I try to hook it up to the HP LED Backlit monitor, the monitor boots and then goes to sleep. I hooked the monitor up to a different PC and it was fine. I tried both the VGA and HDMI ports - no luck. I'm wondering if I have a bad card. Has anyone had this problem? The PC is new but sat in the box for 7 months. How do I get support from HP?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 6 (266 Views)

Re: Monitor not connecting to Envy Phoenix Desktop

Using the model# you gave me, you desktop is the following:  HP ENVY Phoenix 810-430qe Desktop PC product specifications and configurable options

Which graphics card is installed or are you using the integrated graphics adapter?

• Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 4 GB

• Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4 GB

• AMD Radeon R9 270 2 GB

Depending on what you have installed, you will either have the connections from one of the above adapters available, or the two graphics ports that are part of the integrated adapter, which from the  HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Kaili2, would be a DVI port and an HDMI port. Whichever one you are using you would want to use the graphics ports that are a part of that graphics card itself. Do not mix connections.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (258 Views)

The Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 4 GB is installed in my system.

Is there a way for me to send you a picture of the back of the computer. I have a picture, but it is too large to post. I'm getting an error when I try.

Retired
Message 4 of 6 (252 Views)

If a photo will not post here due to its size, you could always use one of the online photo sharing services, and then post a link to the photo here..

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (245 Views)

You can see the photos here:

https://hpsupportpics.shutterfly.com/pictures?role=-2%23n_5

Did you see my reply regarding the graphics card?

Retired
Message 6 of 6 (236 Views)

Thank you. I checked out the photos and I see that the motherboard connections are blocked with covers for the DVI and the HDMI. This is correct in this case as a discrete graphics card is installed, which would have disabled the motherboard integrated ports.

Now that I can see what you have, yes it is reasonable to assume that there is a problem with the installed graphics card.  If you have only had the system for 7 months and it happened out of the box you should contact phone support.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp, fill out the form, create a case for your issue and then use the provided information to contact HP.

That way you can verify your warranty status. I would advise you to have any proof of purchase (sales receipt) handy, because the default HP warranty period is based off of the manufacturing date, until there is a purchase date that can be verified. That is just so you are ready to go

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation