Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 870 275na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have an out of date HP Omen 870 275na and I cannot get any monitor to display - monitor shows 'No signal'.  Have tried obvious such as swapping leads and a different monitor but no luck.   Can anyone direct me to help eg youtube that shows me how to replace video card please.  Also has anyone else had this issue.  I have been running two monitors side by side for years without any problem butmaybe this caused a problem ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/document/c05367093

If you haven't tried
open the computer following the necessary precautions
remove the graphics card, and then connect the display to the motherboard
this is to check if the graphics card is the problem

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/document/c05355651

Odense2-K back I/O panel

3 HDMI out: 2

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi

Many thanks for help.  I have removed the graphics card and connected the monitor to one of the hdmi inputs (that had been previously covered with a plastic blank) but no change.  I appreciate your input and cannot expect you to follow any one issue through but can you tell me if I need to activate anything on the motherboard for this input to be active.  I remember in the past I had connected the monitor to these inputs and they did not work - maybe there is a switch somewhere or perhaps it normally automatically detects that there is a graphics card.  At the moment I have a loose power cord from teh old graphics card - does that need to be used to power up the motherboard bit?

I won't keep bothering you - I have ordered a super cheap second hand graphics card to replace just in case it is that one.

One more bit of info that may/may not be relevant - the light under the mouse flickers on briefly as I plug it in but then does not light at all.

HP Recommended

hi

don't worry, I'm here in general, as long as I can!

@Arnie10 wrote:

Hi

Many thanks for help.  I have removed the graphics card and connected the monitor to one of the hdmi inputs (that had been previously covered with a plastic blank) but no change. 

I appreciate your input and cannot expect you to follow any one issue through but can you tell me if I need to activate anything on the motherboard for this input to be active.  I remember in the past I had connected the monitor to these inputs and they did not work

- maybe there is a switch somewhere or perhaps it normally automatically detects that there is a graphics card.

If you are using the motherboard ports, normally you just need to remove the graphics card completely I did not understand correctly, following what you indicated, if this is the case

At the moment I have a loose power cord from teh old graphics card - does that need to be used to power up the motherboard bit?

So I don't see what you are referring to exactly, here but if there was one less connector that should be plugged in, this may be the cause of your concern but if it's just a connector that you removed to try, the ports on the motherboard, then you have to remove the graphics card completely to try!

I won't keep bothering you - I have ordered a super cheap second hand graphics card to replace just in case it is that one.

do not buy a graphics card for nothing, if the computer does not start correctly, but if you can have yours tested by someone?

One more bit of info that may/may not be relevant - the light under the mouse flickers on briefly as I plug it in but then does not light at all.

This can be a sign, but it's hard to tell, even if you don't see anything on the screen, that the computer is starting up, indeed, if you move it, it should turn on, but it might not be related. !

Again, you don't bother me at all!
Depending on what you will answer me, the result, I am afraid I will not be of great help afterwards.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.