06-10-2010 12:53 PM
I have a Desktop HP Pavillion a1320e, a VS19e 19" flat panel monitor, and a NVIDA GeForce 7300le video card. I am running Misrosoft Windows Vista Home Premimum. This equipment is about three years old.
Recently when the monitor went into sleep mode it began to tak a long time to wake up. I changed the settings to never go into sleep mode. Now when I boot up the pc after being turned off it takes about an hour for the monitor to turn on. Once the monitor turns on it will run just fine, Every thing else seems to be workink OK because when the monitor does turn on my screen saver is running.
06-10-2010 08:17 PM
DF, it sounds like the monitor is on, but simply not displaying the video. I believe this because the screensaver is working when the video does come on. I would do the following: 1) check the external connections, 2) check to assure the internal connections are tight and 3) update the monitor driver or reinstall it. Let us know if any of these solves the problem.
HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)
HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home
HP Photosmart 7520 AIO
|**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**|
Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
I am not an HP employee.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)