1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Multiple monitors

HP Recommended
Pavilion all-in-one 24-xa1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have one monitor connected to the only HDMI out port on my computer, and another monitor connected (and powered) via one of the USB type A's.

I bought a MOKiN USB-c to dual HDMI adaptor hoping to add a fourth monitor (including the all-in-one computer screen), but it hasn't worked.

Maybe the USB-c ports on my computer don't support video? It's less than a year old so that would surprise me.

Or maybe it's the choice of adaptor? I have tried to install the following firmware but it's not detecting the adaptor:

HP USB-C to HDMI 2.0 Adapter Firmware Update Tool 19.5 MB sp98848.exe

I have tried disconnecting the monitor connected via the USB-a and connected both monitors to the splitter thinking the graphics card will only accommodate 3 monitors max but that didn't work either.

A docking station of some sort maybe? Will that even work with an all-in-one?

Please help.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation