Highlighted
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Display partition icon covers minimize or maximize windows icons

HP 27VC monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm running the HP My Display utility on Windows 10 x64 with multipl  27" HP 27VC monitors and am very pleased with the software and the hardware.  However, the My Display mini partitioning icon that appears on the titlebar of the active window and allows the window to be quickly moved to one of the diplays often covers the windows sizing controls on the upper right hand corner of the window.  See attached image showing the icon covering the controls which makes it difficult to access the window minimze and maximize buttons.

Is there a way to control where the My Display icon appears on the window title bar?  I'd like to move it a bit to the left of it's current position.

Thanks for your help.

mydisplayIcon.png

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the 22cwa monitor, running Windows 10 home version (64-bit).  I have the same problem. 

Does anyone from HP monitor this thread??? Original question was posted 8 months ago and no response from HP.  

Please advise!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
13 9 0 5
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem even with the HP MyDisplay Update released in june, 2017 on Portrait Displays website. This software seems to give troubles to HP since they have removed it from 27VC driver page. There are no options to disable that Sticky Partitions option that appears into every windows including softwares where it sometimes overprint Minimize or Maximize buttons randomly on top right. Also the pop menu from HP MyDisplay in taskbar doesn't works, when right clicking, menu can appears but does not allow to select from menu. What a piece of crap.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I know you posted a while ago, and no one has posted an answer yet, but I think I may have found your solution. I was having the same issue, I checked out the manual and found this!

To correct screen position (Horizontal Position or Vertical Position):
1. Press the Menu button on the monitor's front bezel to open the OSD menu, and then select Image
Position.

2. Press the Function buttons on the monitor front bezel that display up and down arrow icons to properly
adjust the position of the image in the display area of the monitor. The Horizontal Position shifts the
image left or right; the Vertical Position shifts the image up and down.

Screenshot_20180314-195033.png  hope this helps!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to disable the partitioning icon in the HP My Display settings. You'll find this by searching HP My Display on your computer.

When that pulls up there will be several tabs, first select Advanced settings.my display.png

Then select the Partition tab. Unselect the box next to "Enable partitioning" to disable.

my display partitioning.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation