Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27 ES
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Merry Christmas everybody.

First excuse my poor English.

I got a new HP 27 ES display monitor this morning.

It's works perfectly.

My Display in the DVD. What's that ?

Set up. All drivers installed.  My Display nstalled.

I  launch  it. 15 seconds long a little circle is turning on the screen and  ....nothing else. 

Nothing happens..... This soft does not works.  Any error or bug  or notification.

Why ?

Thanks a lot.  Have a good time tonight.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@bigbernie Welcome to HP Community!

Please let me know what is the exact issue of the monitor.

Are you getting any error messages?

Also, please provide the screenshots. So, that we can provide you an appropriate solution.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot.

First i don't know if HP Display is useful for me or not.  It's not important  but after 30  years computing when a soft does not works i wonder. But  HP 27 ES works perfectly. 

I launch the soft.

On the screen a pop up  appears :" Liste des outils d'affichage"  ( listing  screen tools)

Then a blue  revolving circle is on ( you can see it  in the center of the the  screen capture below)

And after that  nothing else.  No message, no bug, no error code.

Might be this  HP tool  not be working with  my new screen set 27 ES ??????

I'm gratefull to you for an answer.

HP Recommended

@bigbernie

Thank you for the information.

I believe you have inserted any Autorun DVD on the DVD player.

Please follow the below steps to disable the autorun.

1. Open the “Settings” app, and click on the “Devices” icon.

2. Click on “AutoPlay” on the left side, and switch on/off “Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.” With this switched off, you will never see the AutoPlay window pop up.

3. However, you can also leave AutoPlay on, and customize how it works. Under “Choose AutoPlay Defaults”, select the default action you want AutoPlay to perform when you connect each type of media or device. It could be a flash drive, memory card, or your smartphone. For each, you get choices like “Open folder to view files”, “Import photos or videos”, “Configure this drive for backup”, or—of course–“Take no action”. That way, you can “turn off” AutoPlay for certain types of devices by having it take no action, but leaving it on for other devices.

4. You can also press and hold the Shift key when you insert a device to open an AutoPlay notification, regardless of the default setting.

Please let us know the result.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Same thing

Auto Play Off. Set up again. Install drivers and Pivot.Rreboot......

Exactly the same thing.

Never mind...... Thanks for your help.

Good night.

HP Recommended

@bigbernie

Please remove the DVD or CD from the DVD drive and restart the computer and check for the issue.

Please let me know what driver you are installing on the computer.

HP Recommended

Good morning.

About drivers :

I made the job manually too from the dvd.

HP 27e detected

HP 27e installed.

They  have been  installed automatically before i made the job again but manually.

Good ?

Where they are ?

Not in system32  with all other drivers  but in xxxxsystem32\DriverStore\FileRepository\HPAmdxxxxxxxx

Why in DriverStore ?   DriverStore is a security place for saving all protected files. 

4 files

hp22e.cat  .icm . inf  and.  pnf 

screen drivers are. icm and inf.

Screen detected, driver  installed....but inside a curious place. 

I have copied the drivers in system32 root.  Beside the other drivers icm and inf. 

Too...system32\drivers\monitor.sys

system32\spool\drivers\color\HP_27e.icm

Nothing new.......

Never mind about that.  In fact I do not need this soft.  But resolv the problem is usefull for the pleasure of increase knowledges.

HP Recommended

@bigbernie

I understand your concerns.

Please uninstall the drivers from the device manager. Restart the computer and then install the drivers.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75501-76000/sp75913.exe

Have a  nice day!!

HP Recommended

Helleo

I have uninstalled the soft.

Why ?

I succeed to launch  it (  Pivot)  from  inside the installed soft.   It had immediately  inversed  the screen up down 180 ° !!!!!!. And multiplied the screen size by 4.  

Something else.  What about Pivot  from Portrait Display ?

Le processus Pivot Software Support Application appartient au logiciel Pivot Software ou Pivot Pro Plugin ou Pivot Sofware de la compagnie Portrait Displays (www.portrait.com).

Description : wpctrl.exe fait partie du logiciel Pivot de Portrait Studios. Pivot est un logiciel de manipulation d'image qui vous aide à modifier et à gérer des images numériques.

....////....

Ce programme a une fenêtre invisible.

...///....

Capable d'enregistrer les frappes clavier. Capable d' enregistrer les entrées. La note de sécurité technique attribuée équivaut à 80% de dangerosité.

...////....

Pivot = HP Display,   rotate my screen up down 180°

Pivot increase  my screen size 4 times

Pivot is 80%  dangerous  and itcontains also  a  key logger.

Pfffft. I have got rid of it  from  my computer.

Thanks for your help.    You have been perfect.

Happy New Year.

HP Recommended

@bigbernie

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you contact Portrait Displays technical support team. They will help you.

Please click the below link to contact the support.

http://www.portrait.com/technical-support/

The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.