Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to use my HP Envy 23 all-in-one desktop as a second monitor.  I have a HDMI IN port with a button just underneith it.  About 6 months ago i had it working although intermittantly.  Now it won't work at all.  I've done all the recommended updates to my Envy but now, nothing.  When I connect my work laptop to my Envy, it shows on my laptop screen as if a second montitor is there however when I go to "Customize your display" and click on "Detect" I get the error that it "Didn't detect another display".  Even through the image shows 2 displays on the open window.  When I unplug the HDMI cable, the image of 2 monitors goes away and just shows 1.  That tells me that there is a "seen" connection between hardware devices however the display itself is not being passed to the Envy.  Ultimately I am trying to "extend display" to my Envy and not mirror it.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PatrickP3 wrote:

I am trying to use my HP Envy 23 all-in-one desktop as a second monitor.  I have a HDMI IN port with a button just underneith ...

@PatrickP3 

The HDMI IN port is designed to accept signals in, not out. It will accept games consoles such as XBox, Play Station ..

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks @banhien.  I'm trying to use it as an input (second monitor).  It worked in the past but for some reason ended up stopping a few months back.  Not sure what has happed.  Not sure if it is on the Envy's side of the equation or on my work laptop's side.  I share screens at work and it works there but for some reason not at home.  Not sure what I'm missing.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.