10-31-2016 09:06 PM
i have 2 profiles one for myself and on for the kids. My profile is fine, however on the kids profile thier screen auto dims. No matter what you do, reset it to 100, it automatically dims right back to zero and we can not make it stop. Please help.
11-02-2016 01:35 PM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you.
In this scenario, I would suggest you try to delete the other profile which has the issue and check if it works. If it works then you can create a new profile.
If the issue persists, I would suggest performing a system recovery which would reset the computer back to the factory shipped settings.
For Windows 7 - Performing an HP system recovery
For Windows 8 - Performing an HP System Recovery
For Windows 10 - Performing an HP System Recovery
I hope this helps. Let me know if you require any further assistance.
If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.
I am an HP Employee
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8)