Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion 23fi
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday when i was using my computer, all of sudden my monitor started displaying false color. As you can see in the picture below, it's showing red and oange scree on the left side, also pixels are not sharp as compare to right hand side.

monitor.jpg

Can you help me rectifyng the problem? is it repairable?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings @gouravgola

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing display quality issue on your monitor. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have tried different display cable or any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Please refer to this HP Article and try the steps suggested under "Screen is discolored"

Is there any device next to the monitor which could cause interference?

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@

thanks for yout response, yes i have tried changing my HDMI cable, it didn't fix the issue and there's no such interference near my monitor. 

Can it be reapired?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. If the issue persists even after resetting the monitor to factory defaults as suggested in this HP Article

Please contact our phone support for the service options available for your monitor. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I have already checked these setting: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-23fi-23-inch-Diagonal-IPS-LED-Backlit-Monitor/72747...

I even contacted service center near me, they says monitors are unrepairable, you will have to buy a new one. I  had a telephonic conversation with the, they said without looking at my monitor. 

The after sale service of HP is patetic!

HP Recommended

Greetings @gouravgola,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.