cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iLikePorkchop
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My monitor is flashing grey/black with a 3 second delay when i'm in fullscreen on some games.

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 27"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a OMEN monitor, which is great and all, but i have this reoccuring issue which i have no idea how to solve.

Sometimes (seems to be totally random, since it can occur when the PC has been idle for awhile) when going in like The Binding of Isaac, or Escape from Tarkov the screen goes dark grey/black, almost like it's resetting itself for a few seconds and then turns back on. When it's back on i see the game for about 1-2 seconds and it goes back into the grey/black screen once again.

I don't know how to solve this, i've checked my updates if i have anything new to install which i don't, i have also tried preforming a clean installation of the graphical drivers and this seemed to work ONCE when i got this problem but not this time.

It's pretty annoying and i have no idea whats causing it, makes the games literally unplayable.

I also have a 2nd monitor, acer 24" 144hz. Maybe this is causing some kind of issue? But it's so strange because sometimes i can use the monitors normally for weeks at a time and there's NO problem, and then what seems like OUT OF NOWHERE this black flashing **bleep** appears when playing the same gave i've been playing every day for the past 2 weeks. This time i haven't even shut off and on the PC, i left it overnight and came back to play some EFT and the screen starts flashing...

Edit: It's only in GAMES when playing in FULLSCREEN, maybe that's some useful information. When im on my desktop or surfing the web there's no problem whatsoever. And it's also only in SOME games, not all. Never had a problem with CSGO, but Escape from Tarkov and Binding of Isaac both suffer the same fate of the flashes.

Oh, and the OMEN screen is the only one that's flashing, the ACER looks normal.

OMEN is using the Displayport, and the ACER is using DVI cable. OMEN is also my main monitor. Both set to 144hz.

If you need i'll try to provide a video of the issue, if it doesn't just magically disappear this time as it has done before haha.

Please help! 🙂

//Rasmus

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 472 748
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@iLikePorkchop Welcome to HP Community!

• Have you tried with different wall outlets and checked?
  • Please check the cable connection and check.
  • Please try to change the DVI cable and check.

Please perform the troubleshooting as mentioned on the following link

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation