Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my mouse won't wake my computer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sreve1156,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the mouse is not waking up the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the computer waking up using the keyboard?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

To start, go to Control Panel and click on Mouse. If you are in category view, click on Hardware and Sound and then click on Mouse under Devices and Printers.
mouse settings

In the Mouse Properties window, click on the Hardware tab and select your mouse from the list of devices. Normally, there will only be one mouse listed here, but that will depend on the hardware you have connected to your computer. When you have selected your mouse from the list, click the Properties button.

mouse properties

In the second Properties window for your mouse, click on the Change Settings button on the General tab.

second mouse properties

Finally, click the Power Management tab and check the Allow This Device to Wake the Computer box. Click the OK button and click OK on all the other open windows too. 

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@sreve1156,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the mouse is not waking up the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the computer waking up using the keyboard?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

To start, go to Control Panel and click on Mouse. If you are in category view, click on Hardware and Sound and then click on Mouse under Devices and Printers.
mouse settings

In the Mouse Properties window, click on the Hardware tab and select your mouse from the list of devices. Normally, there will only be one mouse listed here, but that will depend on the hardware you have connected to your computer. When you have selected your mouse from the list, click the Properties button.

mouse properties

In the second Properties window for your mouse, click on the Change Settings button on the General tab.

second mouse properties

Finally, click the Power Management tab and check the Allow This Device to Wake the Computer box. Click the OK button and click OK on all the other open windows too. 

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

no that didn't work . Keyboard won't wake it either  

HP Recommended

@sreve1156 I suggest you make a few changes to the way sleep mode works under power options:

• Change - "Put the computer to sleep" to preferred time,
  • And Change - "Turn off the monitor" to never.

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

Disabling the hybrid sleep, followed by updating all available Windows updates and the BIOS update from the HP website, please follow the below steps to disable the hybrid sleep after performing a hard reset on the device should help resolve the issue.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control panel.

2. Make sure the View by setting is set to Category, and then click Hardware and Sound.

3. Click Power Options.

4. Click Change plan settings for the power plan that is selected.

Changing  the plan settings

5. Click Change advanced power settings.

Clicking Change advanced power settings

6. Expand Sleep, and then expand Allow hybrid sleep.

7. Select Off from the On battery drop-down menu, and then select Off from the Plugged in drop-down menu.

Selecting Off in the On battery drop-down menu

8. Click OK.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & FOLLOW THE STEPS UNDER - The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for this solution, sorry but I gave credit to the wrong agent.

HP Recommended

@sreve1156,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that and I will get the solution changed to the correct engineer.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

started doing it again, sometimes it wakes sometimes it doesn't

HP Recommended

@sreve1156 

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you perform the system reset and check for the issue.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

performed reset, still won't wake sometimes

HP Recommended

@sreve1156 

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.