Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there

Before the big Windows update I could duplicate screen.

Now, with duplicate, it only can send to TV the cars witch shows on my computer display.

No more : no excel, no picture

But if I move the mouse, we can see on TV the icons on the bottom of the screen moving

At best I can now switch my main screen to TV, but then computer goes gray

Can you help me ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Resolv_S

but I feel restoring the system to a previous date would bring me more misery than what I am going throught now!

I found a alternate way : I switch the main screen to TV. This works. I loose the computer screen but I click on icons on TV and everything works just as if I were on the computer.

So this is the end of it. My screen won't duplicate until Windows fixes something.

BibiQC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@BibiQc

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the screen isn't displaying on the alternate monitor/TV anymore, 
Since the recent windows update was installed on your computer.

Do the following things to prepare for troubleshooting:

• Turn off the computer.

• Disconnect all connected devices from the computer except the mouse, and keyboard. This includes removing web cameras, USB devices, thumb drives, camera-type memory cards, and other displays.

• If the display has a detachable cable, obtain a second display cable for testing purposes.

• Disconnect the display power cable, wait about 30 seconds, reconnect the cable and then turn on the display. This resets the electronics on the display. Make sure the display has power and the power light comes on when the power button is pressed. If the light on the display remains off, the display is not receiving power from either the wall outlet or the power adapter.

Check the power

Listen to the computer and look at the lights

For more details: Click here

Here's a list of other articles that should help you:

Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer

Connecting Monitors and TVs to Your PC (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Let me know how that pans out,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The cable is working fine, so is the connectivity

There are 4 "modes" for managing 2 screens. 

- only pc screen

- duplicate

- extend

- 2nd screen only

Before, the windows update, duplicate screen would send from the monitor to TV : no more, this is the problem I am looking to fix

I can tell the cable works fine because :

- with Extend mode, the TV (alternate screen), shows the screen saver image (not exactly what I expect from extend but the cable works)

- with 2nd screen only, the TV becomes my computer screen and shows me exactly what the computer would

Duplicate : instantly, the TV goes out, black, no contact

Is there any new driver I could install  ? How could I fix this ?

Thanks - Brigitte

HP Recommended

Hi@BibiQc,

I thank you for the reply.

I recommend you try the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

Update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
  • Expand “Display Adaptor”.
  • Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have updated the screen driver

The message was " you have the best on your computer"

Anyway, I restarted but the same, no change 

Another idea ?

Thanks for trying !!

Bibi from Qc

HP Recommended

Hi@BibiQc,

I thank you for the reply.

Try performing the System restore to a previous date before the update and check if that helps. Use the link below to perform the restore.

http://hp.care/2bSk7wj

Hope it helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks Resolv_S

but I feel restoring the system to a previous date would bring me more misery than what I am going throught now!

I found a alternate way : I switch the main screen to TV. This works. I loose the computer screen but I click on icons on TV and everything works just as if I were on the computer.

So this is the end of it. My screen won't duplicate until Windows fixes something.

BibiQC

HP Recommended
I have a hp pavilion with windows 8.1 that can not duplicate display to a Samsung tv. It works fine in the other displays.

When I try changing the settings I get "the display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings."

If I push detect it shows Samsung pdp but no signal is sent to the tv.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.