Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-a139 Desktop PC

This is the product specs by HP.

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c04772922

My screen flickers for a second every two minutes..It has been doing that for 6 months and I can not find the answer.

Will somebody have a solution or point me to resolving the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I have discovered what was the problem.

It was Mailwasher Pro that was causing the blink.

Mailwasher was trying to connect to my server and had the wrong password, and since it gives the advice it blinks and play a sound. I had put the checking function to my server every 2 minutes!

It is queer and unexplainable that my whole screen would blink while I was using it for a Google search.

I had to look under Thre 'Recycle Bin' to discover what was the error that it was giving!

So the problem is solved.

If anyone has the same problem - one should check Mailwasher error log.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I have discovered what was the problem.

It was Mailwasher Pro that was causing the blink.

Mailwasher was trying to connect to my server and had the wrong password, and since it gives the advice it blinks and play a sound. I had put the checking function to my server every 2 minutes!

It is queer and unexplainable that my whole screen would blink while I was using it for a Google search.

I had to look under Thre 'Recycle Bin' to discover what was the error that it was giving!

So the problem is solved.

If anyone has the same problem - one should check Mailwasher error log.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.