04-08-2017 03:27 PM
Hello My refubished computer had the same issue about a month ago where you hear the power button but the screen doesnt turn on. i dont want to pay 100 to get the motherboard wiped again. can you please help?
04-09-2017 04:24 PM
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand the computer is powering on, however, doesn't have a display on the screen anymore,
Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
When you try to turn it on, do you hear the fan running? Or do you get any beeping noises/blinking lights?
Is there is a light on the power button, keyboard and/or the charger port?
Was there any update or reset interrupted recently?
Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting this on HP Forums?
In the meantime, let's try these steps here:
If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black, you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue: (Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)
1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage
2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector
3. Start computer using the battery only
4. Check that the lid switch moves freely
5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.
* If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.
* If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.
* If the LEDs blink, or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot.
* If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.
Eager to help,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee
12-29-2017 06:09 PM
Sorry for the late response. As an answer to your questions, I do hear two short beeping noises. The fan is not on. The power button does not have a light but the keyboard and charger port light are on. I dont remember if there was an update that was inturrupted. and I have tried some trouble shooting steps to try and give it some life. Thank you for your response.