cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ana111
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My start full screen will not go away. I have clicked the "use start full screen button " off but

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion x360 convertible
Other

HELP PLEASE!!! My laptops home screen has a start screen that will not go away. I have updated it and restart it to see if that will help but the start screen is still up. I also turned the "use start as full screen" button off but it is still up. Idk what to do now and I need to see my folders in the background . 

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 472 748
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ana111 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the start full screen will not go away.

This issue might occur if there is change in start menu settings.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Note: Please do not perform Reset of the computer.

Also I recommend you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Start settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Turn off Use Start Full screen.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation