Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-Q178CA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi... I have HP ENVY 15-Q178CA Notebook and when I try to use the Adobe After Effect 2020 it said intel graphics 4600 unsupported video driver.

Is there any new driver for Intel 4600 or another way to fix this problem....?

Thank you .....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M graphics with 4096MB DDR3 of dedicated video memory and up to 12254MB total graphics memory

Either the computer is compatible, or it is not
you have an nvidia card, so if it is compatible you should be able to use the nvidia card to run the game, it shouldn't go through the intel
See in the nvidia control panel, if you can select the program
unfortunately, if your intel driver is not up to date, but hp does not provide it you do not have many options

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
can you check
according to the product page the computer has an Nvidia card

HP ENVY 15-q178ca Notebook PC Product Specifications
you should therefore go through nvidia rather than the intel
Otherwise what is the version of the driver, here you have:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-15-q100-notebook-pc-series/703892...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

thank you for the reply. 
For now my driver for Nvidia card is acceptable, only the Intel Graphics driver need update driver.

Adobe recommends that the Intel Graphics driver version should be 27.20.100.8476 or above.
The latest update driver for Intel graphics 4600 is 20.19.15.5058 Rev.D
I only think my graphics hardware intel 4600 are not supported for the new Adobe software.
thank you... again....

HP Recommended

See with the software support, you should be able to use the program with the nvidia card, in this case, no need for another version of intel
The program must not use the intel card, but the nvidia card

I have not read but maybe for example

https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware/premiere-pro-using-integrated-and-not-dedicated-graphi...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

thank you... but I already check in adobe website. My Laptop is out of date and dont match the minimum requierments.. 
my i7 is 4th gen and the minimum is 6th gen , also the intel and invidia graphics card dont match the requirements..
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

This is when I open After effect 2020.
this is when I open After effect 2020this is when I open After effect 2020

when I click FIX ... it takes me to this

Screenshot_5.jpg

this driver version: 27.20.100.8476 is not for my 4600 intel graphics card.. 😁.
So I think the only way is to buy new laptop... hahahahaa....

one more thing.... I want to ask... why when I open Intel Graphics Control Panel , it looks like this

Screenshot_3.jpg

I can not see anything , I can not change anything from here.. I have to use windows system setting to change the setting..
Maybe you know what is the problem... 
Thank you

HP Recommended

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M graphics with 4096MB DDR3 of dedicated video memory and up to 12254MB total graphics memory

Either the computer is compatible, or it is not
you have an nvidia card, so if it is compatible you should be able to use the nvidia card to run the game, it shouldn't go through the intel
See in the nvidia control panel, if you can select the program
unfortunately, if your intel driver is not up to date, but hp does not provide it you do not have many options

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.