Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy Desktop TE01-0020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why doesn't HP allow new Intel video drivers to be installed?  This is a new system and I saw on the Intel site there were new drivers for the 630 chip.  At the start of the install a message that they can't be installed and to contact the mfg.  Same with the wife's laptop she hasn't been able to update video drivers in a long time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See my knowledge base article at the link below for how to manually update the Intel graphics driver to the latest version.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-the-Latest-HD-Graphics-Driver-from-I...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

See my knowledge base article at the link below for how to manually update the Intel graphics driver to the latest version.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-the-Latest-HD-Graphics-Driver-from-I...

HP Recommended

Looks pretty interesting as long as it's safe.   Why does HP have this practice of not letting a simple update happen for video drivers?

HP Recommended

It should work just fine as long as you only have the onboard Intel graphics on your notebook and desktop PC.

I've done it myself, which is why I decided to write the help article for others to use.

I asked the same question of HP by contacting the executive team, and believe it or not, I was told to use the drivers from Intel.

That was their answer, I guess meaning they have no plans to update the drivers on an ongoing basis.

So I did, and it worked for me.

Now the Intel driver and support assistant notifies me of a driver update when one is released and automatically installs it.

Never had an issue.

HP Recommended

Great, thanks Paul.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Finally got around to installing the new drivers.  Worked great.  At least no longer under HP's policy of not  updating video drivers.  How do I accept your answer as a solution?  I don't see it available as an option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.