Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion PC 500-214 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have an HP Pavilion PC 500-214 series with no video. The computer was working fine until it just didn't display video. Left it alone for a couple of hours. Came back, at first I thought it was on sleep mode, but didn't come on when pressing space bar or moving the mouse. PC was still on with no power light blinking. Disconnect the VGA cord from the PC and reconnect, nothing. Turn off/on the monitor, no go. I force shut down the computer and restart it, no go. PC seems to be running fine, no beeps or shutting off after a few minutes. Working as normal but without any picture on display. I know this motherboard has a embedded graphic cards. So I disco everything and took out the motherboard, inspect it, no issues found or any soldering that needs to be done. Try a different monitor, same things no signal. At this point, I'm out of options. Can someone help me please?!?! 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Javi1286 

It is an old machine, did you buy it brand new ? how do you connect it at its back ?

You can only use port #3 or port #4. What is your monitor ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien

Hello, I'm using the VGA port #3, however i tried DVI as well and no go. My monitor is a Viewsonic, has the VGA and DVI ports. Have tried another computer with both VGA and DVI and works fine. 

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm using the VGA port #3, however i tried DVI as well and no go. My monitor is a Viewsonic, has the VGA and DVI ports. Have tried another computer with both VGA and DVI and works fine. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.