Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Desktop 750-615rz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new HP ENVY Desktop - 750-615rz connected to a brand new  HP VH240a monitor via HDMI, and every time I attempt to turn on the computer I get no sound through the speakers and a “No Input Signal Found” message on the monitor. The monitor works when connected to another PC, but I do not have another HDMI-capable monitor to test on the HP Envy Desktop. So far I have followed the steps to perform a hard reset several times (powered down, removed all cables and peripherals, held the power button for ten seconds, reconnected cables and powered back up), but while I can hear the fan spin up and the indicator lights on the tower turn on, I still have no audio from the speakers and only the “No Input Signal Found” error message on the monitor’s screen.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@CR0BERS0N 

You need speakers to have sound. The monitor does NOT have speakers therefore no sound, its specs

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05624169

If you are talking about other speakers, you need to disable HDMI sound otherwise it will try to send sound to the monitor which does not have speakers.

For No Input Signal Found: Please try other HDMI port and/or change the cable.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have tested the video on both HDMI ports and with two different HDMI cables, with the same results. And there is an audio jack on the back of the monitor, and when attached to another PC the built-in speakers in the monitor play system sounds.

HP Recommended

@CR0BERS0N wrote:

... and when attached to another PC the built-in speakers in the monitor play system sounds.

@CR0BERS0N 

From it specs on the above link, no speakers. Are you sure it is the SAME monitor ? Please check its product number, is it an HP  2DS80AA

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, it is an HP 2DS80AA. And it shipped with an audio cable bundled in the box and has an audio jack on the back of the monitor next to the VGA port. I can provide a photo of the serial number from the HP packaging, if required, as well as a photo of the actual audio jack on the monitor itself. 

HOWEVER, my more pressing concern is that there is NO VIDEO, so I have no way of being sure that the computer is even booting up. As I said, I have tested multiple times with two different HDMI cables on both of the desktop's HDMI ports. The fan spins up, and the power light indicator and the LAN blinking lights come up, but the only thing I get on the monitor is "No Input Signal Found."

This desktop is new out of the box and I have never been able to successfully get any video display out of it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.