Did you mean: 
ChrisL915 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Video

My HP 550-a114 has no video.  When I turn the monitor off and back on the monitor just shows an eror message saying no signal then goes to sleep.  I have tried a new vidoe cable.  I have also connected a known good monitor to the PC and still no video.  I am fairly certain it is the built in video card that has gone.  I have opened the case and found there is no expansion slots in the motherboard.  Is there any way that I can add a video card to fix my problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Provost
Provost
29,934 27,539 1,807 5,035
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Video

Hi,

Your PC has two video output ports on the back. One is VGA (analog) and the other is DVI-D (digital).  Be sure to test each port with the proper cable when you connect to the monitor. Make sure that the monitor will accept each type of signal and that the monitor is set internally to accept the signal type being used.

You might try removing and replacing the CMOS battery but this is a long shot.

The graphics processor is internal to the AMD processor which is soldered to the motherboard. So no joy on trying to replace the processor.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intern Intern
Intern
28 27 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Video

HI

Does the display nitially comes when you switch on and goes off when windows starts loading ?

If yes then could be resolution issue.

If not above scenario then Is the PC responding with any beeps (Long or short) or normal bootup beep ?

If its long beeps then you may have to reset the system RAM.

If no Beep at all try resetting teh CMOS battery.

Pls try above steps

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation