1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No display on TV monitor when connected via hdmi cable to pc

HP Recommended
HP all in one pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product number is 1EF58EA

Nothing else I can say really, TV monitor shows no signal and hdmi cable is connected to PC via hdmi socket. Hdmi1 socket in TV monitor. Computer is on. It works when TV is connected to a different laptop. Also the PC screen works when connected to a different monitor (it shows on the monitor).

1 REPLY 1
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,434 1,723
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Seanydswizzle9

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the HDMI display. 

To better assist you - Were there any recent hardware or software changes made? 

>> Check that the display is connected to the computer and turned on.
>> Select the correct source on the HDTV monitor or TV. If the display or TV has more than one HDMI input, make sure you select the HDMI port that the HDMI cable is connected to, for example HDMI 2. If you are using a DVI-to-HDMI adapter, select DVI as the source. Do not select HDMI as the default audio device in Windows
>> If using multiple displays, check the specifications for the graphics card to ensure that it supports the display types and numbers to which you connected. Most cards do not support connecting more than two displays at a time.
>> Update the BIOS and the video drivers to the latest version available for your computer. Download and install the BIOS and Graphics driver from this link

While you respond to that, try updating the computer using these steps - 

Step 1 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 2 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation