Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite 7500 Micro Tower-PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading to Windows 10, I've tried to install and play the Sims 4. However, when I try to open the app, I'm met withan error saying: "C:\\WINDOWS\SYTEM32\NVCPL.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f". 

I'm currently waiting for the game to reinstall, but whilst I'm waiting I've been researching, and found out that I should update by graphics card driver. However, when I go into the HP website for downloading updates for the drivers, I can't find any that involve the graphics card... Is there any way to fix the issue I'm having that you are aware of? Would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model graphics card does your PC have?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the graphics adapter (card).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.