cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LisaNow
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No option for updating my graphic card driver?

HP Recommended
HP Elite 7500 Micro Tower-PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading to Windows 10, I've tried to install and play the Sims 4. However, when I try to open the app, I'm met withan error saying: "C:\\WINDOWS\SYTEM32\NVCPL.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f". 

I'm currently waiting for the game to reinstall, but whilst I'm waiting I've been researching, and found out that I should update by graphics card driver. However, when I go into the HP website for downloading updates for the drivers, I can't find any that involve the graphics card... Is there any way to fix the issue I'm having that you are aware of? Would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,807 124,163 20,651 31,743
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model graphics card does your PC have?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the graphics adapter (card).

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation