Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No sound when I connect Monitor HP 23ES to Notebook ASUS Windows 10

HP 23ES--ASUS Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased HP 23ES Monitor to be used with my ASUS Notebook computer, running Windows 10 (64-bit) I have connected the monitor with the HDMI cable provided with the monitor.  Everything is great, as far as video.  However, I have no sound.  I do have separate speakers, plugged into notebook which I unplugged in an effort to see if that was my problem.  Still no sound even through the computer's internal speaker.  I have read my monitor does NOT contain speakers, but is there a location where I can plug in to my monitor? Thank you for your anticipated assistance

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
74119 74009 9009 19400
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need speakers to have sound. No speakers (big or small) no sound, full stop. Your monitor does NOT have speakers as shown from its specs:

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05076790

You have to put your speakers on your desk or if they are very small and light you can hang them to the monitor.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Mf0923 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How were you able to connect the speaker to the monitor? I just bought this monitor and I can’t figure it out. I bought speakers as well.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation